I have no application form and I must rant

Michelle Lowman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
30 Jan 2003 19:35:53 -0700

--=-1ALFUd4yzZsoT0ab0zlk

On Thu, 2003-01-30 at 18:35, Mike Starke wrote:
> Sorry for the top-post:
>=20
> Have you ever heard the expression which deals with
> 'wars' and 'battles'?=20
>=20
> If you want to apply, get with their format. There are plenty
> of other fronts you can fight on.
>=20
> v/r
> -Mike

I just looked at their online application, and it has improved since the
last time I saw it. However, in response to your suggestion, I have to
ask:

Are you saying that I should have to cough up several hundred dollars
for a new operating system and office suite just so I can read and edit
one document?

I realize that there is a way around the issue this time, but there are
times when there is no way around it. If a document is meant to be
downloadable and readable by everyone, it should be in a non-proprietary
format. I will continue to promote the use of open formats (it's even in
my syllabus), but I don't consider it a "war" or a "battle". I consider
it common sense.

-Michelle

--=20
Kids, study your math. Key to the universe.
	--Christopher Walken (as Gabriel in The Prophecy)

--=-1ALFUd4yzZsoT0ab0zlk

--=-1ALFUd4yzZsoT0ab0zlk--