redhat network problems

bs plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 19:27:38 -0700

Stephen Andert wrote:

> Brian
>
> I'm no expert, but if you type
> ipconfig /all
> and post the results for each machine, I know some of the folks here
> (maybe even me) will be better able to help you.
>
> Also, are you connecting through a hub or direct cable from one pc to
> the other?
>
> Stephen
>

>> Thanks for answering. I am using a 5 port SOHO hub as I would like to
>> add an ip printer and perhaps a router if I ever go broadband.

I could not find any thing under ipconfig but am sending you the network
settings that I found. Please excuse my unfamilarity with all this but
despite my years,  I dont know much about this. I got into Linux because
of my growing awareness of the threat to our freedoms posed by certain
large entities which are less controllable than governments. But enough
with the chatter.

Again, Thanks for your help. Brian Sanders
REN
Hosts
127.0.0.1    ren    localhost.localdomain    localhost
192.168.39.1    stimpy

IFCONFG
DEVICE='eth0'
BOOTPROTO='none'
IPADDR='192.168.39.2'
NETMASK='255.255.255.0'
ONBOOT='yes'
GATEWAY=192.168.39.1
TYPE=Ethernet
HWADDR=00:80:ad:40:25:b0
USERCTL=no
NETWORK=192.168.39.0
BROADCAST=192.168.39.255

STIMPY
hosts
127.0.0.1    localhost.localdomain    localhost
192.168.39.2    ren    ren
192.168.39.1    stimpy    stimpy
207.217.77.82    earthlink.net    earthlink

IFCONFIG
DEVICE='eth0'
ONBOOT='yes'
BOOTPROTO='none'