evolution - getting/sending mail - DISASTER

mazdaracer plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 21:47:08 -0700

Nothing but fun :(

After running up2date (rh7.3) I had 1.0.3-6 of evolution and the the
problem remained. Even now I have to change the mail server incoming and
outgoing to get mail in and out. And this is now on my laptop too with
the -4 version.

On the mainbox, I tried to upgrade to the latest evolution 1.2.1. But
then the dependencies!  Only a few so I started downloading them. Also
tried to use apt, but the dependencies there too were getting to be a
pain!

Anyway after loading most of them I ended up still needing gnome-spell
and bonobo. But then I seemed to run into a conflict with another lib
that was looking for not the latest but the version prior, which was
superceded by my earlier rpm -i !!

So now I tried to go back to 1.0.3-4 but can't because the dependencies
are too new apparently.

Now I can't even get evolution up on the mainbox!

ANY suggestions?

pete