Mac 2 linux

Zapper link plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 11:39:38 -0700

Hey all. I know im going to get probably a little hassle about the mac but
im making a powerbook 1400cs into a linux machine. I only have a cd drive
and currently its not booting the cd drive. I was able to get it to finally
boot mklinux after using some bootloaders on OS8.6. However when the install
started it froze about midway thru. My biggest issue is that I am now stuck
with a hd partially written in linux and no OS8.6 now. By any chance does
anyone near Ahwatukee area have a 8.6 or 8.* version macOS I could borrow to
work out this issue? I find it unlikely but I thought I might ask. I cant
continue the install without having either mac0S 8.* on there to boot from
to load mklinux or have a floppy that will force it to read cd drive. For
some reason the laptop wont see both the debian and the mklinux but can read
it inside macos. Other than that I hope somebody might be able to rescue me
here. Thanks.