Upgrading a Linux System

Tom Jones plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 10:03:21 -0700 (MST)

Yes, you should be very nervous. It means you understand the risk
involved.

That being said, I have managed to get this system from RedHat 7.1, to
7.3, then on to 8.0 as upgrades with no problems.  I'm just using this
machine as a workstation, however, so my experience may not be typical.

If you can, make a complete backup before proceeding.  Even if it means
borrowing a CD burner or tape drive for a few days.

Good luck!

TJ