evolution - getting/sending mail - DISASTER

Jeffrey Pyne plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 09:31:42 -0700

I upgraded from Evolution 1.0.3 to 1.2.1 on my RedHat 8.0 installation a
couple weeks ago.  I was going to just download the RPMs and install, but
then I noticed that Ximian STRONGLY recommends that you use RedCarpet to
install or upgrade Evolution.  I figured, "what the hell, I'll bite" and
downloaded and installed Red Carpet.  Once it was installed, I fired it up
and told it to upgrade Evolution.  It took care of all my dependencies and
the installation was a breeze.  So maybe give Red Carpet a try
(http://www.ximian.org/products/redcarpet/).

~Jeff