evolution - getting/sending mail - DISASTER

Michelle Lowman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
29 Jan 2003 23:23:29 -0700

--=-/Nq14F3OpV5w/TWGQVwG

On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 21:47, mazdaracer wrote:
> Nothing but fun :(
>=20
> After running up2date (rh7.3) I had 1.0.3-6 of evolution and the the
> problem remained. Even now I have to change the mail server incoming and
> outgoing to get mail in and out. And this is now on my laptop too with
> the -4 version.
>=20
> On the mainbox, I tried to upgrade to the latest evolution 1.2.1. But
> then the dependencies!  Only a few so I started downloading them. Also
> tried to use apt, but the dependencies there too were getting to be a
> pain!
>=20
> Anyway after loading most of them I ended up still needing gnome-spell
> and bonobo. But then I seemed to run into a conflict with another lib
> that was looking for not the latest but the version prior, which was
> superceded by my earlier rpm -i !!
>=20
> So now I tried to go back to 1.0.3-4 but can't because the dependencies
> are too new apparently.
>=20
> Now I can't even get evolution up on the mainbox!
>=20
> ANY suggestions?
>=20
> pete
>=20

You can install an older version of whatever you need with

rpm -i --force whatever.rpm

-Michelle

--=20
Kids, study your math. Key to the universe.
	--Christopher Walken (as Gabriel in The Prophecy)

--=-/Nq14F3OpV5w/TWGQVwG

--=-/Nq14F3OpV5w/TWGQVwG--