hauppauge winTV card

Bill Warner plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
29 Jan 2003 15:01:49 -0700

Anyone useing one of these?  I have been trying to get mine to work and
have it mostly working.  The only trouble I am haveing is that the sound
while able to read form /dev/dsp2 and send to /dev/dsp with the sox
command I can't get it to work with xawtv.

The only way I have been able to get the sound to work is by useing the
cd-in wire from the tv card to the sound card.  This works but it is
extreamely low, I have to turn down all other mixer lines to about 10%
and crank the cd line up to max in order for the sound to be about
right.

This also deesn't seem to let me record stuff useing xawtv to an avi or
raw video file with sound.  This means I cant get things like freevo to
work right.

any help would be, well, helpfull.
--
Bill Warner <wwarner@direct-alliance.com>