Inexpensive 13-15" monitor?

Eric Lee Green plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 09:45:37 -0700

> PS John's jaw dropped. :) He was ready to spend $200 to get something on
> eBay. You made his day in a big way!

BTW, you can get brand-new 17" monitors for as little as $120 at Fry's
Electronics (depends on the current sales and rebates), so $50 is about right
for a used 17" monitor in good working order.

We live in wonderous times. You can buy a wireless router for $69.95 at Fry's,
a wireless PC card for $39.95, and a laptop with 1.8ghz processor, 512mb of
memory, 40gb hard drive, and 15" LCD for $1295, and join the wireless
revolution. Or you can buy a perfectly usable desktop computer with 20gb hard
drive and 128mb of memory for $199, a 17" monitor for $120, and a 1440x720dpi
ink jet printer for $39.95, and have a setup that I would have killed for
back in 1995. Me, I'm lusting for that laptop (and for one of those new 19"
LCD monitors for my desktop!), but, alas, my floors are whining at me ("My
vinyl is tired! I want tile!"), home ownership is great but sure takes away
from your computer habit :-{.

--
Eric Lee Green          GnuPG public key at http://badtux.org/eric/eric.gpg
          mailto:eric@badtux.org  Web: http://www.badtux.org