What's an "apic"

Deepak Saxena plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 19:55:20 -0700

Advanced Programmable Interrupt Controller.  It's basically
a part of the x86 chipset that's in charge of routing interrupts
from devices to the CPU.  What's the problem you're trying to
solve? I believe (not 100% sure) that on Linux, the kernel
just re-programs the APIC anyways, so BIOS setting shouldn't
matter.  But this is x86, so who knows. :)

~Deepak

On Jan 23 2003, at 18:42, Gene Holmerud was caught saying: