Fruityloops equivalent for Linux

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 12:02:29 -0700 (MST)

Audacity gets lots of attention, but I have never tried it.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

The good thing is it runs on windows as well as GNU/Linux, so your friend
could download and play with it before trying to make the move.

There is also a project on sourceforge that is a "protools" replacement.
Protools is the professional audio tool that all the major audiophiles use
on windows.  It was quite far along when I checked it out, but I dont
recall the url and as usual sourceforge is sucking and you cant search due
to server load.

The protools knock off is extremely powerful but much like protools it is
very hard to use unless you are used to it.  Audacity seems more suited
for semi-professional musician.

-Derek