LAMP web server

Kevin Brown plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 21:14:31 -0700

An honest side by side comparison would be nice to see.  I'm just sick of seeing
posts about RH being the Microsoft of Linux.

At my current job it looks like we'll be using RH as the distro of choice for a
large cluster (512 node).  Because of that it is also going to be used for
anyone's Desktop that wants it (along with OpenOffice) and a number of other
servers along with Oracle (which means RH's Advanced Server).  Unfortunately
this isn't displacing Windows, just reducing/keeping out Sun.  Maybe I should
pass on that proposal to my boss and to the CIO and see what they think of it
since I am working for a NFP.