StarOffice, Adabas and relational databases

Lee Einer plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 16:05:00 -0700

Hi, all-

I am in the process of setting up recordkeeping for a small home
business, selling handmade jewelry. I have put together some basic
spreadsheets, but it occurs to me that a better way to do this would be
with a simple relational database that maintains separate tables for
customers, inventory,  and sales. Unfortunately, I have hit a wall
trying to accomplish this with StarOffice. I have reviewed the pertinent
sections of the StarOffice Companion, and have come up short. The SO
Companion has some good info on Setting up an Adabas data source, but
when it comes to how to set up a relational database using Adabas, it
just says to "see the copious Adabas information in the online help."
Apparently, the authors were indulging their sense of irony. The Online
help in StarOffice is not worth much on the topic of Adabas.

I have browsed online, and found no helpful info on using Adabas. Can
any of you folks direct me to resources?

Lee Einer