Proposal for non-profit

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 23:13:17 -0700

On Saturday 18 January 2003 21:53, Craig White wrote:

4th paragraph on first page:

"It is also conceivable that most of these open source applications can b=
e=20
used on Microsoft Windows OS platform. Apache, MySQL, PHP, perl etc. can =
all=20
be used within Microsoft Windows. While I am not eager to make this a wor=
king=20
model, it will offer us a backup plan if we were to run into a roadblock =
(not=20
that I forsee anything representing a substantial problem)."

I see this as a huge opening for an MS enthusiast to say "then what do we=
 need=20
Linux for."  I can see that you want to show a backup plan exists and tha=
t=20
Open Source exists for the Windows platform.  However, I would word the l=
ast=20
sentence so something like:

"However, Linux is a well known, stable platform for these applications a=
nd=20
has none of the licensing costs that would be required for operation on a=
=20
Microsoft OS."

Feel free to use that quote as you will.  Or not.

Alan

PS Still reading through the rest.