KJZZ - OGG streaming (Was: Re: Open Source on NPR)

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 21:29:33 -0700

der.hans wrote:

>moin, moin,
>
>obviously too late for the particular show, but their stand-alone player
>link works just fine w/ xmms.
>
>It's mp3. We're working on getting them to move to ogg vorbis :).
>
>ciao,
>
>der.hans

Now that you bring it up, Hans, we need to get some knowledge together
to approach KJZZ about converting to OGG.

I know some of you on this list have setup and maintained streaming
audio servers.  Please email your willingness to be on a list of
knowledgable "streaming" people.  Then, when we get to the point with
KJZZ that we need expertise, it is already arranged.  I am willing to be
the point of contact for this so email direct to me.

This is a great project for us.  The KJZZ web master is a fan of Linux.
 This could be an opening for a sybiotic relationship between PLUG and
the radio station.

Alan