Open Source on NPR

Ed Skinner plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 13:43:40 -0700

     Another tip: if a sound/music service offers an *.pls file, save it and
launch xmms with that filename. For example:
          xmms whatever.pls

     I get music from live365.com and, after logging in (free subscription),
click on the music service wanted (via the speaker-in-a-yellow-circle icon),
download and save the offered play.pls file using some indicative name.
     Here's my current set of saved selections:
          play-bossa-nova-breakfast.pls
          play-kingdom-of-swing.pls
          play-rat-pack-live.pls

    So, if I'm in the mood for some Sinatra, I launch:
         xmms play-rat-pack-live.pls

    I assume these may expire after some interval but, for the moment at
least, everything seems to be working. Cool!

--
Ed Skinner, ed@flat5.net, http://www.flat5.net/