mysql problem

Mike Starke plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 15:05:25 -0500

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 12:48:04PM -0700, Lynn David Newton wrote:
/_
/_
/_Have you ever had the output of mysqldump not work as
/_an input file? Fortunately, I tested this using a
/_different database name first. Here's what I get when i
/_try to run that third line:
/_
Had a similar scenario/problem a week or two ago: Was not able to create
from the dump as well. My problem was a bit differant tho'. The db was created
by a client using some export thingy from MS Access. It worked; but when
I did a dump, and then wanted to re-create on my system, it choked. My problem
existed in the fact that my client had "sentences" as field names :-) Not sure
why the export worked, but it was sure a nightmare to fix.

I would be interested is knowing whether your prob is indeed
a naming issue.

v/r
-Mike