SCO Wants us to pay per cpu ...

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 08:31:53 -0500

Xerox sued Apple over the Intuitive Interface and lost because too much
time had elapsed since the infringement began.  In my humble legal
studies, I learned if an injured party doesn't seek remedy within a
reasonable period (judged to be two years in when dealing with the
Federal Government), then the injured party is assumed to accept the
infraction, and they lose their right to pursue further remedies.  This
is why the ISA is Industry Standard - IBM didn't enforce its IP.  The
industry adopted it, and it became a standard.

I'm not going to sweat it.

George