Portable Music

Sat, 11 Jan 2003 13:16:46 -0700 (MST)

Am 11. Jan, 2003 schw=E4tzte Ted Gould so:

> I was thinking about this too, but for a different reason.  I'd like to
> back up my home directory on CD, but it's about 1GB...  So I've broken
> the files up by hand, but well, that sucks.  I was thinking that
> probably there is some backup utility that would do this, people have
> dealt with tapes that were smaller than hard drives for a long time.  It
> seems like there might be some way to use tar?

There are several packages that semi-automate backing up to CD. You could
also get a DVD RAM :).

$ apt-cache search backup | grep -i cd
cdbackup - CD-R(W) backup utility
multicd - Backup your data to CD-R/CD-RW
mondo - System to backup your filesystem to CDs

There are more, but I leave finding them as an exercise for the reader ;-).

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/    http://www.TOLISGroup.com/
#  You can't handle the source! - der.hans