Terminal Services

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 12:56:33 -0700 (MST)

Trent Shipley said:
> Are MS Terminal Services and the X-Windowing System functional
> equivalents and  near-perfect economic substitutes?

MS Terminal Services still suck.  However, if you have a Windows Machine
that has them installed, I have found that you get more usefulness using
rDesktop than VNC if you need to attach to it with a *NIX box.

I would not suggest someone go out and write a terminal services server
for the *NIX platform, but a client comes in quite handy when you have to
deal with places of business not yet enlightened.

-Derek