Compiler and header question

James Mabry plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 08 Jan 2003 13:11:45 -0700

Miles Beck wrote:
> I have a consultant working on getting Authorize.NET working on my Debian
> woody machine, he is having a problem compiling software required by
> Authorize.NET.
>

>>Looks like an environment issue.  Do you have a C compiler installed?
>>If not, you probably don't have the header files (usually located in
>>/usr/include).  Verify that you have a C compiler, and the headers are
>>indeed in /usr/include.
>

> when I do a "dpkg -l gcc" I see the following.
>
> "ii gcc 2.95.4-14 The GNU C compiler."
>
> Ok, so the compiler is there...
>
> How would I verify that the headers are there?
>
> And if they are not there...how do I get them to /usr/include?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Milea

Hey Miles,
just "cd /usr/include && ls -a". You should see a bunch of files ending
with the .h extension. These are part of the glibc package so make sure
that you have this as well. I think this is part of the base package?

--
Slackware Linux -
Learn about the 4S rule.

Then try it out for yourself.