Need (want) a second Physical Disk Drive

George Gambill plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 16:54:26 -0700

My thanks to Ted, Lee, Bob and George (another George as in Toft)

I got it!!!  Thanks to your suggestions and my resulting improved
understanding from them.

For some reason, I had to partition the second drive as hdc1.  It seems
(from the error messages) hdb was considered either the floppy of the CD or
both.  Anyway, when I tried it as hdc, it worked.

I now have a 30 gig drive partitioned as a single 30 gig file system (I
think you call it a file system) known to Linux as /clients, populated with
a shared /usr system (copied)known to the world as /clients/shared/usr.

And "df" shows it as 8 percent used which is about right given a 2+ gig
/usr.

Thanks to PLUG, I am yet one more step closed to demonstrating a LTSP Thin
Client system able to compete with that other company.

Actually I have it working at the command line.  As for the GUI, were
getting there.

Thanks again
George