Needs some advice

goldenchild@nettaxi.com plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 17:25:28 -0700

Where do I drop off my "obsolete" hardware?!?!?!?

Funny thing is....
I was thinking something similar... well, sort of but not really.  Not so=
 much=20
along the lines of a gaming distro (just something easy like Mandrake), b=
ut=20
with a more "family" geared install (like apps from linuxforkids.org) and=
=20
then providing Linux boxes to Boys&Girls Clubs / Low Income Families / et=
c.=20
before m$ screws them.

Either way, my wife will be happy to see my collection go.....

if  (empty($help)) && $desired
{ email me; }=20

On Monday 06 January 2003 03:50 pm, frankburton001@netscape.net wrote:
> I'm thinking about starting a project but before I get to deeply involv=
ed in=20
it I figured I would throw it out here and see if anyone can tell me why =
it=20
couldn't wouldn't or shouldn't work. What I would like to do is start a=20
distro thats only purpose in life is to play games and at this point only=
 =20
games. I would then like to collect donated "obsolete" hardware from vari=
ous=20
sources. Put the Linux Distro on the hardware and donate the computers to=
=20
longterm care children in the hospital.
> I'm sure there are many problems I'm am missing which is why I am posti=
ng=20
here.If you guys feel this is to far off topic I will gladly accept any e=
mail=20
you want to send me at my home address.