Needs some advice

James Mabry plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 06 Jan 2003 16:03:38 -0700

frankburton001@netscape.net wrote:
> I'm thinking about starting a project but before I get to deeply
> involved in it I figured I would throw it out here and see if anyone
> can tell me why it couldn't wouldn't or shouldn't work. What I would
> like to do is start a distro thats only purpose in life is to play
> games and at this point only  games. I would then like to collect
> donated "obsolete" hardware from various sources. Put the Linux
> Distro on the hardware and donate the computers to longterm care
> children in the hospital. I'm sure there are many problems I'm am
> missing which is why I am posting here.If you guys feel this is to
> far off topic I will gladly accept any email you want to send me at
> my home address. TIA Frank Burton

That sounds like a great idea actually. I've browsed through
distrowatch.com (a site dedicated to all kinds of linux distributions)
and never run across a distribution who's sole purpose is gaming. Of
course the biggest problem is that you mentioned obsolete hardware. The
newest games will have horrible performance or no performance at all on
such machines. This sounds like a very noble project though. Now let's
get started on it :).

--
Slackware Linux -
Learn about the 4S rule.