C++ and programming

Greg plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 06 Jan 2003 13:36:49 -0700

The other guys gave you some good suggestions however since you are
asking for some good books here is a short list of books I am quite fond of
and came very handy a lot of times:

Code Complete - Yes it is published by MickeySoft but It is still one of
the best books out there when it comes to essence of writing code.

Design Patterns - Object oriented patterns book that will save you a lot
of time and prevent you from reinventing the wheel.

Introduction to Algorithms - That will help you figure out how to solve
simple things like sorting, searching, as well as using structures and
which structures work best for what purpose.

Good Luck.

Greg