SAMBA Printer woes

Peter Buechler plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 19:38:38 -0700

I'm already close to being stumped. You could try specifying your print system
directly, like this chunk from my file:

# It should not be necessary to spell out the print system type unless
# yours is non-standard. Currently supported print systems include:
# bsd, sysv, plp, lprng, aix, hpux, qnx, cups
   printing = cups

Then you could try increasing the log level. It can go from 1 to 10

log level = 3

is what I use. but try jacking it up for more debug info.

If you are using cups you may need to make sure that you allow printing from
hosts other than the local host, I don't really remember.

IS THERE SOMEBODY WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE DOING WHO CAN HELP THIS GUY?