HIPA and Network Configs

Sat, 4 Jan 2003 14:01:11 -0700 (MST)

Am 04. Jan, 2003 schw=E4tzte Kevin Brown so:

> I remember months back some members of PLUG talking about HIPA regulation=
> and things like hospitals having to be compliant due to the need for
> privacy and security of patient medical records.

Look at the GNUMed project if you're going into that space.

http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/

Don't know what it's supposed to be doing, but it might be pertinent for
your company.

> The concerns are with allowing 802.11 wireless access to our network and
> using Wireless bridges to link up some labs that are near each other.
> Does anyone have any advice/pointers that could help?

If they're using the wireless points to connect two locations, then you can
tunnel traffic, just like you would for home<=3D>business VPN accross the N=
et.

David Uhlman suggested an authentication mechanism during his wireless
presentation a few months ago. I don't remember what it is and don't know
where my notes are. I think ASU is using it or something similar. You'd kno=
more about that than I do ;-).

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/    http://www.TOLISGroup.com/
#  To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we
#  are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic
#  and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.
#  -- Theodore Roosevelt, 1918