Image Galleries

Ted Gould plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
04 Jan 2003 09:44:13 -0700

--=-BzCoiu0+cNvcoaDzGAeN

> Dear Group,
> I just got a digital camera for _mas (the Sony DSC-P7) and I was
> wondering, what online image galleries fellow photographers ere used.
> I  remember a while back, the first install fest, that a few people
> posted links to theirs and I remember that I liked them but to sort
> through June/July's archives is alot harder than to ask directly.

I just got the Canon for x-mas, and I've started to use BINS (BINS is
not SWIG), which I like.  The thing that I like the most is that it is
built on every picture having an accompanying XML file to describe the
picture.  So I can throw in the people in the picture, a title, and a
description.  It also pulls out all of the EXIF information, which I
like also.  Lastly, I've also set up mine to make it so that it
published to the web smaller pictures that I have (smaller resolution
wise).  I do this because I take really high resolution pictures, but
don't have the webspace to keep putting those up.  And the reality is,
most people don't care :)

Here's the link:
 http://bins.sautret.org/

My photos will be at (hopefully be the end of the weekend :)
 http://gould.cx/ted/photos/

		Have fun,
			Ted

--=-BzCoiu0+cNvcoaDzGAeN