C++ and programming

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 13:04:27 -0700

I agree with earlier statements - the very best thing way to learn to code
is by coding.  Pick a project for yourself that you are interested and
motivated in working on.  Either a new project or an existing one.  The
most important thing is that you have something that YOU want to accomplish
and are interested in seeing done.  Write a game, build a web site, create
a cd catalog, work on a sourceforge project....anything as long as it
interests you.  The more you code, the more skilled you get, the more
interesting it becomes.

Any language and project will do.

Good luck and Happy Coding

If you are interested in graphics and c/c++ try going to
http://nehe.gamedev.net, they have great tutorials on OpenGL to get you
started.