Qwest/Actiontec/Cisco/Server issues

Eric Lee Green plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 15:55:30 -0700

On Thursday 02 January 2003 12:39 pm, Darrell Shandrow wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> So, you're setting up static routes to get around the fact that it is
> impossible to specify subnet masks for the IP addresses when configuring
> the Actiontec?

I suppose. It was the only way I could get it to work. You can specify a
subnet mask for a static route, whereas the PPPoA would not let me specify a
subnet mask for the static IP address. This is with Qworst talking to FastQ
as my ISP. It's a single static route, BTW. I'm not at home where the
Actiontec lives (and of course turned off the remote management as soon as
the ISP was finished with it!), so I can't give you more details, I do
remember it was a royal PITA and neither Qworst nor FastQ had the foggiest
idea how to deliver my subnet with the ActionTec (in fairness, I was the
first customer with an ActionTec that FastQ had ever encountered).

--
Eric Lee Green          GnuPG public key at http://badtux.org/eric/eric.gpg
          mailto:eric@badtux.org  Web: http://www.badtux.org