Downtown Users Group

Wed, 1 Jan 2003 17:41:56 -0700 (MST)

Am 31. Dec, 2002 schw=E4tzte Derek Neighbors so:

> There is no intention to fragment. I have spoken with Jim and Hans in
> the past about this.  I would expect it to really be nothing more than
> another PLUG meeting location. (dont expect to see its own website,
> mailing lists, etc)  The only difference is instead of the 'downtown'
> meeting.  It would be the the MC GLUG meeting. ;)  Much like the

Sounds like a new McD's drink. :)

> "Stammstisch" (sp) doesnt attribute anyting directly to PLUG.

Yes, I try to maintain the GNU/Linux Stammtisch's neutrality as I want it t=
expand to other parts of the Valley and state.

> For those wondering its not a GNU thing.  I just want to make sure the
> emphasis of the meetings there are not on 'open source' or 'linux' but
> rather free software.  Having GNU in the name merely forces you to
> explain freedom if someone asks what it means.

How about MC FSUG or MC FSIG ( Free Software Informational Group ).

I know you want MC for Maricopa County, but it sounds like something from
McDonald's or some sort of DJ.

How about Just making it Maricopa whatever or Central Phx whatever, Downtow=
Phx whatever or PLUG on Central ;-).

Don't want to start a big name thing, but at the same time if you want the
name to imply certain things, let's make sure it does so for people just
learning about GNU/Linux and other Free Software.

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/    http://www.TOLISGroup.com/
#  "Science is like sex: sometimes something useful comes out, but
#  that is not the reason we are doing it." -- Richard Feynman