Rebooting problems

Cliff Rogers plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 1 Jan 2003 16:31:11 -0800

Thanks for the reply Kevin. ClarkConnect is based on the Redhat distro. The
problem I am having is that when I rebooted it this time the IRQ and I/O
addresses for eth1 were changed to the settings that eth0 was on. Therefore
it wouldn't load properly and I had to go into the console and reset these
settings. Am I wrong in thinking these settings should come up properly and
the machine go from non-powered to up and running without having to change
the configurations of my NIC's? Another question, I have lost my saved
e-mail messages so can someone tell me again what config file the alias is
stored in for the NIC's? Thanks, Cliff