Open Office issue

Fred Wright plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 01 Jan 2003 13:02:46 -0700

Do you have the "Installation Guide" (a .pdf file) that comes with OO?  I
used that with good success in installing OO 1.0.1 on SuSE 8.0.  In the
guide (Chapter 4), they are quite specific in their instructions (for
Linux/Unix) to do a Multi-User or Network installation even though you
might be installing on a single machine.  This is a 2-phase process!  Phase
one is the base install as ROOT or as a user with system access rights on
the target machine.  Complete this installation in a directory to which
users have read and execute access rights using the -net parameter on the
setup program.  Phase two is completed by EACH user.  The user then logs
into the system and performs a Workstation Installation of OO in his or her
home directory.

If you do not have the Installation Guide, let me know and I can send to
you as an email attachment.

--
Fred Wright
fawright@earthlink.net