alias questions

Frank Burton plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 00:34:32 -0800 (PST)

I have a couple questions first off I have my box set
up to only go to runlevel three So it wont go to X
unless I want it to. Then I setup bashrc with a few
aliases one being x=startx which works great but with
KDE as the default and I prefer enlightenment so I
tried E = startx enlightenment which doesnt work I
think it has something to do with the space but I am
not sure. I dont want to change Kde as the default wm
I just want to be able to alias the startx
enlightenment. Now the next question I want gkrellem
to start automatically when I start enlightenment. I
would prefer for it to only start for Enlightenment
and not if I start another window manager but if it is
not possiable I will be happy if you can tell me how
to get it to launch at the start of X

=====
Spelling only counts when your logged in as root.