wol nic recommednation

Bill Jonas plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 18:48:50 -0700

--f4k5f7Z1sR/E6cKW

On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 12:44:08AM -0700, David Huerta wrote:
> Anyone know of a good 10/100 network card with Wake On Lan that would work
> with the Linux 2.2.x kernel right out the box?

I use the Linksys EtherFast cards (LNE100TX) and they work beautifully
with Linux.  If you're using 2.2, you'll want a later 2.2 kernel, since
the cards were changed slightly.  (This would be the version number on
the box; I believe they are currently at version 5.1 of the card.)
Retail's around $25, and they have WOL support.  Note that I haven't
tried actually *using* the WOL feature, but it's there.

--=20
"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your front door.  You step
into the Road,  and if you don't keep your feet,  there  is  no knowing
where you might be swept off to."  --  Bilbo Baggins

--f4k5f7Z1sR/E6cKW

--f4k5f7Z1sR/E6cKW--