web-based email and POP/IMAP access front end for Exchange server

Brian Tafoya plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 13:51:50 -0700 (MST)

Yeah... it is called Sendmail! ;-)

Now, if the web server running Squirrelmail (which is what I use) and the
exchange server are behind a firewall, that is not an issue. Just open
ports 80/443 to the web server and keep the IMPA and POP ports blocked. :)

<quote who="Scott H">
> I have an Exchange server for company mail for
> about 1400 users.  My boss wants web-based email
> and POP/IMAP access from the Internet.  He agrees
> with me putting Exchange and Outlook Web Access
> out there is not a good idea, from a security
> standpoint.  So we're looking for a good OSS
> solution.  I know I can use products like
> squirrelmail and Horde's IMP to provide a
> web-based email front end, but how can I provide
> POP/IMAP clients access to their Exchange
> mailboxes, without opening up ports to the
> Exchange box?  Is there OSS software that will do
> this?
>
> Thanks,
> Scott
>

> .

Brian Tafoya
btafoya@briantafoya.com
http://briantafoya.com

Random Thought:
To a New Yorker, the only California houses on the market for less than a
million dollars are those on fire.  These generally go for six hundred
thousand.
	-- From "East vs. West: The War Between the Coasts