Installation Questions

Mark Phillips plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 19:55:53 -0700

I need to build a dual boot system - Linux and Win 2000. The machine
already has Win 2000 installed, and the original installation disks are
MIA, so I cannot reinstall Win 2000 if I make a mistake. My questions:

1. Any suggestions on how to safeguard the Win2000 on this machine since I
cannot reinstall it if I break it?
2. Which distro would you recommend - RedHat 8.0 or Mandrake 9.0? Any views
on stability since both are relatively new?

Thanks!

Mark Phillips
Phillips Marketing, Inc.
mark@phillipsmarketing.biz
480 945-0798
480 945-9197 fax

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message,
however, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.