mySQL or PostgreSQL?

David Mandala plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
13 Feb 2003 09:18:26 -0700

The answer is it depends. On what, features. MySQL is lightweight fast
and fairly simple. PostgreSQL is more feature rich, supports true
transactions and is just about as fast as MySQL.

If you are just attempting to learn MySQL is fine, if you are doing
anything where the data matters PostgreSQL is the way to go.

Cheers,

Davidm

--
David IS Mandala
gpg fingerprint 8932 E7EF CCF5 1B8C 1B5C A92E C678 795E 45B2 D952