Waging war on business

Michelle Lowman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
12 Feb 2003 11:28:56 -0700

On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 11:13, Augie Grayfox wrote:
> People, people,
> Why is this discussion even happening on PLUG? I thought we all decided to get
> out from under all that when we went with open source / Linux. As long as we
> CAN share open source software LEGALLY, why even get in a huff over what
> BSA/Adobe/M$ wants the world to do? If and when open source starts to go
> along the same path, then we can worry, I really doubt that will ever happen,
> until then sit back and enjoy the freedom open source has provided us.
> As an aside...being a RAIDERS fan I don't consider being a pirate a negative
> term, as I'm sure the Tampa Bay fans will agree. Congrats TB.
> --
> Augie Grayfox
> augie@grayfox.net

Why is this discussion happening? Because you can be much more
persuasive when you understand the opposition.

Many business, schools, institutions, etc. believe that they are locked
into proprietary systems for a variety of reasons, and they are often
not aware of the alternatives, how to implement them, and the
implications of this license vs. that license. We can help them, but
only if we understand these things ourselves.

-Michelle

"Writing is thinking on paper."
	--Don't remember where I saw it, don't know if this is the exact
	wording, and hope I don't get sued for copyright infringement for
	quoting it. ;)