Relative path problem

Charlie Bullen plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 11:20:37 -0700

Hello, I am using BFormMail.pl a FormMail.pl variant and all works well e=
xcept=20
1 aspect.

This script is capable of writting the results from a form to a flat data=
base=20
in comma delimited form and that is where the problem occurs. I think tha=
t it=20
is either a path problem or a permission problem. I've read all the=20
documentation and still can't make it work. The rest of the scrpt works f=
ine,=20
email is generated to the owner of the form, a thankyou web page is displ=
ayed=20
and a thankyou email is generated to the person who filled out the form.

Here are the particulars

The top directory I have access to on the system is /public_html, under w=
hich=20
are several other directories, the pertinent ones being /public_html/cgi-=
bin=20
and /public_html/data in which resides the datafile variables.dat

Permissions are as follows:
/public_html/cgi-bin  755

/public_html/data 762

/public_html/data/variables.dat  762

the url to the script is like http://www.xxx.com/cgi-bin/BFormMail.pl

the path passed on to the script to write to the datafile is=20
=2E/data/variables.dat

I'm out of ideas.

Charlie=20