Network Sound Support

Kurt Granroth plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 09:05:05 -0700

On Wednesday 12 February 2003 08:01 am, Nathan England wrote:
> I am setting up a new machine that will be used for xdmcp logins over a
> small network. Each machine that will connect to it has a sound card that
> works with aRts.
>
> The server will host everything, and as each machine logs into the server,
> it will mount the hard drive from the workstation to the correct /home/user
> as they log in.
>
> Everything works great, except for sound. Sound only plays on the main
> machine. I have the 'enable network transparency' checked in the kde
> control panel, but I'm not sure where to go from here.
>
> Is anyone familiar with this? Or can it not be done?

Sure.  The last time I did it was a few years ago while giving a demo.. but I
know it can be done.  Did you check out the FAQ?  It has a few questions
related to network transparency.

http://www.kde.org/areas/multimedia/arts-faq.php

If that doesn't work, there are a few more details here:

http://www.arts-project.org/doc/handbook/faq.html#id2805370