Waging War on Business

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 06:19:25 -0600 (CST)

On 11 Feb 2003, Jim wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 17:04, Darrell Shandrow wrote:

> So the logi is that the monopolist charges inflated prices that the
> small business can't afford so he must seek alternatives and if the BSA
> (a.k.a. MS and Adobe) catch you, they will drive you out of business
> because you couldnt or wouldnt pay their outrageous licensing fees.
>
> Ah, America - land of corporate greed

Actually, yeah.  If you cant pay, dont play.  Find alternatives.  The only
problem I have with the BSA, et al is the 'guilty until proven innocent'
bit.  The only reason software companies charge the "outrageous licensing
fees" is because customers pay them.  If a competitive product exists, use
that whether its OSS or not.  Or hire some developers to do in-house work
:)

David

--
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."