install problem

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 09 Feb 2003 03:06:00 -0500

I have a box that has RH7 on it right now and I would like to try a few other distros now that I have cable. This box is not my primary box I really can't use it for much the modem isn't recoginized and it doesn't have a nic card and I don't think I could install one if I wanted to. It's a Monorail the company is out of business and for those of you not familiar with it here is a review with a picture which will explain why I
can't add a nic or any other new hardware in it.
http://www.fastcompany.com/online/12/monorail.html
Anyway this box is a P133 with 16mb ram. I installed RH7 no prob but when I went to install slackware or vector or any other linux that is supposed to be supported under this limited hardware it is not recoginized just boots right in to RH. I stick the RH cd in and it brings it  right to the install screen. I tried putting the other distro install disks in my other box to make sure there was nothing wrong with them and they booted up just fine. So I am stuck and frustrated this box is useless except for playing with other distros and making sure I am comfortable with them before making a change and I can't even do that.
TIA
Frank