free old scanner! please take it

Kevin Geiss plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 11:22:31 -0700

I have a full-size scanner made by mustek which is between 5 and 7 years
old. I just got a new one and thought i'd see if anyone wants the old
one before I threw it away.

It can scan up to 800 dpi optical.

It still works! it has included an ISA SCSI card which it interfaces to. (and
all cables and even the docs and cds that came with it)

I got it working under redhat 7.2. Had to use the g_NCR5380 kernel module.
this is what you do:

turn scanner on
modprobe g_NCR5380 ncr_addr=0x280 dtc_3181e=1
then sane could find it and use it.

I work near Fry's Electronics in Tempe. I could meet someone there with
the scanner if anyone wants it. I live in Apache Junction, but I figured
the Fry's location would be more convenient. :)