more MySQL issues

Jeffrey Pyne plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 15:54:02 -0700

On Friday, February 07, 2003 3:43 PM, mazdaracer wrote:

> Ah! I don't see any mysql section!  This was installed from 7.3 but I
> never worked with it on this box. Worked ok on the laptop. Then I
> upgraded to RH8 and figured I'd get it configured. Maybe I'll
> reinstall from the CDs the mysql and php.

Yeah, try re-installing from the CDs.  When I upgraded from RH7.3 to RH8.0,
my PHP configuration (which I broke while attempting to do something or
another) started working again-- including MySQL support.  You should only
have to install the php4 RPM; the MySQL stuff should be fine.

> Or is there an easier way?

You could use up2date to upgrade (after doing rhn_register).  That's the
easiest way I know of to install stuff on RedHat.

~Jeff