eirgp routing

Erik Bixby plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 06 Feb 2003 16:38:33 -0700

***PLEASE READ***

In an effort to reduce the amount of spam that I have to wade through, I
have created a couple rules for my e-mail system that require the
following text to be in the subject line:
[ATTN:ErikB]

If that text is not in the subject line, you will get this automated
response, and the e-mail will automatically be deleted.

If you are a real, live person that I KNOW, please resend your e-mail
with that text in the subject line.  If you are NOT someone that I know
personally, and have specifically TOLD you that you could send me e-mail
(opt-in non-sense does not count as me telling you that you could send
me e-mail, that's a load of hooey and we both know it), then you may
still send me your commercial e-mail message to review.  I charge $50
per reviewed commercial message.  Please include your payment
information, so that I may send you a bill, along with the commercial
message you would like me to review.

Thank you all for your time!

-Erik

>>> plug-discuss 02/06/03 16:52 >>>

> I understand that eirgp is cisco proprietary. However I thought I
would
> ask if there is a reverse engeneered implementation for linux yet ?

I am not aware of an EIGRP implementation outside of Cisco gear.
http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0010.2/0340.html

Chances are, if someone released code to do this, Cisco would not be
impressed. I would not run EIGRP on an internal network unless 1) I knew
was going to stay 'all cisco' and had to budget to do this and 2) I
needed
to route IPX or AppleTalk in addition to TCP/IP. EIGRP works very well
and
is easier to setup than OSPF, but I'd pick OSPF anyday. WHY? OSPF is
open,
so you can get lots of different vendors that support OSPF on their
gear.

Tony Wasson