Hi - new to list!

Jenny Charlene plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 15:37:25 -0700

On Wednesday 05 February 2003 03:03 pm, Liberty Young wrote:
> look at the man pages for modules.conf (or google for the man pages)
> in my system, since I don't have usb stuff compiled in statically, here
> are the relevant lines in /etc/modules.conf:
>
> alias usb-interface usb-uhci

Ok, I'll add that and see what happens!

> The hotplugging scripts (again, google for them and see what docs you
> can find) _should_ take care of loading up usb-storage AND scsi_mod

ditto.

> At that point, you be able to fdisk or mount /dev/sda (or sdb, depending
> on if you already have scsi or scsi emulated devices on your system).

Yep, got this done & working.

> I use CompactFlash cards through a usb-dongle on a daily basis. Word of
> the wise: Make sure your kernel is fairly current! I have troubles with
> USB and CF cards on anything less than a 2.4.19...though it does work
> well on a Mandrake 8.2 2.4.18 kernel.
> Somehow, with a stock 2.4.19, i have little trouble, though my co-worker
> still has a heap of trouble on his machine.
> Hopefully a stable 2.6.x kernel will have better USB support

I've got RH 2.4.18-19 with usb & scsi compiled in (everything works wiht the
CF reader), I'm trying to get the modules to work with 2.4.18-24. I haven't
got to the point where I've figured out how to upgrade the source tree to
2.4.19.

--
Take care,
Jenny

Random quote of the day:
Advertising Rule:
	In writing a patent-medicine advertisement, first convince the
	reader that he has the disease he is reading about; secondly,
	that it is curable.