Anyone running Slakeware?

Dennis Kibbe plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 19:55:19 -0700

On Friday 31 January 2003 12:01 am, you wrote:
> Now that there are a few of us talking, did you have a question about it?
> I've been patiently waiting!!
>
> nathan
>
> Am Mittwoch 29 Januar 2003 08:14 nachmittags/abends schrieb Dennis Kibbe:
> > I'm curious to know if anyone on the list is running Slakeware.
> >
> > Dennis Kibbe

Nathan, not yet. I'll planning to install it on my prime system this weekend
(maybe even tonight) replacing Debian Woody. I'll gain KDE 3 :-) and lose APT
:-(

A test install on a spare drive went smoothly and left only sound & modem to
configure by hand - same as when I installed Woody.

One reason for switching besides KDE 3 (I know I can hack Woody to get it) is
I feel I should learn to complie kernels and programs from source (and do
other daring things:-)).  Up to now I've been dependent on binaries if I
wanted something.

I do wonder how much more trouble it will be to keep system updated since APT
made that job child's play.

Dennis Kibbe