PCMCIA Card Suitability with SuSE / User experience

Kurt Granroth plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 27 Apr 2003 22:20:27 -0700

On Sunday 27 April 2003 01:48 pm, Fred Wright wrote:
> The following is on sale at Fry's with a mail-in rebate making the cost
> <$10.  Does anyone have experience with this card under Linux (I am
> specifically looking for SuSE support).  Information on
> http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/ is sparse.
>
> D-Link DFE-690TXD 32-Bit Cardbus 10/100 PC Card

No personal experience, but a very quick search on google for "suse
dfe-690txd" came up with this link:

http://www.pairlist.net/pipermail/linux-laptop/2002-July/000525.html

With the following quote:

"If the machine you buy doesn't have built-in Ethernet, I can recommend the
D-Link DFE-690TXD adapter or the Xircom adapters. For SuSE 8.0, both of
these are *literally* plug-and-play except that you have to configure the
usual IP parameters. But hardware detection is 100% automatic."