SCSI was the culprit

Thu, 24 Apr 2003 23:23:06 -0700 (MST)

Am 24. Apr, 2003 schw=E4tzte Vaughn Treude so:

> Thanks to Steve and Bryce for their suggestions on my system freeze/insta=
ll
> hang problem.  The initio SCSI card did seem to be the problem.  I remove=
d it
> and was able to install Mandrake 9.1.  I put it back in and Mandrake 9.1 =
did
> not recognize it.  On the one hand, I'd like to access my Jaz drive.  On =
the
> other hand, the system is stable...

Have you tried loading the initio driver by hand?

modprobe initio

Is your card supported by the driver. I use an initia card in my test box a=
work. No probs. Depending on what I have running I have debian, SuSE or Red
Hat in that box.

You don't need a hard drive on the SCSI card. I've seldom had hard drives o=
my SCSI cards.

Have you tried installing with the card in, but no cables connected to it?

Have you tried the card in multiple slots?

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/    http://www.TOLISGroup.com/
#  "Communications without intelligence is noise;
#  Intelligence without communications is irrelevant."
#  Gen. Alfred. M. Gray, USMC